Inklings Literary Agency is looking for a few remote interns to join our ranks in the following roles:
Public Relations Internship
PR interns learn about the publishing industry, work to craft pitches, and, in general, they connect readers and authors with a chance to personally work with award-winning and best-selling authors. PR interns will assist with marketing and promotion of agency and help clients develop their platforms and implement their marketing plans.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with PR INTERN in the subject line and a short description of why you want this internship.
Literary interns, aka “readers”, work one-on-one with an agent, reading full and partial manuscripts and writing up reader reports. This role may also include helping to manage a query inbox, sorting through Twitter # pitches, assisting in content and line edits of client manuscripts, and various other editorial tasks.
Our agents are currently looking for readers in the following genres:
- Young Adult (all genres)
- Middle Grade (all genres)
- Women’s Fiction (all sub-genres)
- Thrillers / mysteries / suspense
- Contemporary Romance
To apply, please send an email to email@example.com with LIT INTERN in the subject line. Please include the following:
- A short description of why you want this internship
- Any publishing background (No experience required, but it’s good to know if you do have some)
- A list of your favorite books (Please limit 5 to 10 titles and do not include classics. We are looking for interns whose tastes align well with ours in the current market)
- A list of the last 10 books you’ve read
- These are remote positions. You don’t have to be located in NYC, or near any of our agents. It can be done anywhere as long as you have Wi-Fi. Literally.
- You can work at any time of the day or night. We do ask, however, that applicants commit to at least one manuscript per week—we expect this will be a 10-15 hour per week commitment, for a preferred minimum of 6 months.
- It’s okay if you are a writer. It’s okay if you are querying and have queried me or plan to. It’s okay if you are agented and/or published. It’s okay if you’re none of the above, too.
- Internships are unpaid.
This position will remain open until Saturday, July 22, at 11:59 PM Central Time.